Thursday, June 19, 2008

Win tickets!

I'm not a native Carolinian, so I always find myself looking on with envy as couples shag dance in front of the stage at events like Alive After Five. So I was excited to hear from a reader who was anxious to introduce me to Charlotte's booming shag scene.


I put on my dancing shoes last weekend and shimmied my way to Thoroughbred Lounge, a shag club on the west side of town.

You can read more about Thoroughbred's and the shag community in Friday's CLT.

The Swingin' Medallions, a legendary beach music group from South Carolina, will perform at Thoroughbred's on Sunday.

Want to go? The first person who e-mails me (saarthun@charlotteobserver.com) the title of the group's biggest hit will win tickets to the concert.

Update: Tickets gone. 

Thanks for playing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You ll get rug burns with this one

Anonymous said...

LAME