Thursday, April 10, 2008

Spring has sprung

The weather was perfect Wednesday for M5's grand opening of its patio for the season.

Men and women in their 30s and 40s dressed in their designer duds and big jewelry (it is SouthPark, let's not forget) crowded the rattan couches and the bars both inside and out while a DJ spun house music.
In short, it was the rich man's Alive After Five (which starts today!). No wrist bands, plastic bottles or beer-splattered tables here.
Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays are the biggest nights for the patio in the summer, according to one server who worked last season, and the parties usually continue until about 10:30.
One suggestion: more bartenders! One woman told my friend and me as we approached the bar: "Good luck, ladies." It doesn't matter how crowded a place is, you shouldn't have to stand right up against the bar and wait 10 minutes to get served.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Better stay uptown then.

Anonymous said...

I hope when I'm old that I have enough sense to realize I'm not in my twenties anymore.

Anonymous said...

Um ok? What is wrong with having fun? Age is just a number. Nobody wants to be an old fart!

Anonymous said...

Maybe when you are not in your twenties anymore you will realize that you didn't have a monopoly on sitting around drinking. There is also hope you'll grow up at least a little.

Anonymous said...

Whew. Thank goodness for that heads up. I'm in my late 30's, but I'm not rich so I apparently have no business going there. Man, that was close. How awkward and embarassing that could have been!