But I am honored and the magazine is throwing a party Oct. 24 for me and my fellow honorees, including:
- Anna Kooiman, co-anchor of Fox News Rising.
- Lauri Wilks, executive vice president of Lowe's Motor Speedway.
- Sonny Gur, co-owner of The Sunset Club and Kiss Lounge.
- Jeff Wise, executive director of the National Whitewater Center.
- Joey Hewell, fashion editor for Uptown and owner of J. Studio Salon.
- Brotha' Fred of Fox News Edge and 96.1 The Beat fame.
We've all put together some amazing packages to be auctioned off at the party. All proceeds (yes, all, United Way) go to Make-A-Wish. Last year's party helped raise about $13,000, so it's a great cause.
My package is all Observer-related and includes some great press-only perks to a Bobcats game and a Panthers game, a free portrait session with one of our photographers and a chance to review a movie for CLT.
Pick up a copy of the magazine for full details and come help raise some money for Make-A-Wish. At the very least, you should come just to see what Larry Sprinkle's hair looks like in person -- he'll be emceeing the auction.
The party will be held from 7-9 p.m. at Hom.